Senior Mechanical and Piping Engineer
ARE YOU READY TO TRANSFORM AN INDUSTRY?
At 374Water, our mission is to preserve a clean and healthy environment that sustains life. Our revolutionary AirSCWOTM technology transforms the simplest and most complex wastes – such as biosolids, microplastics, drugs, and PFAS – to clean water, energy, and minerals. We are pioneering a new era of sustainable waste management that supports a circular economy and enables organizations to achieve their sustainability goals.
As a senior mechanical and piping engineer, you will contribute to the development of equipment
for AirSCWO systems. This will require you to develop a thorough understanding of 374’s
AirSCWO process and contribute to its continual improvement.
You will be part of a small, but growing, engineering team and will work directly with 374’s
fabrication partner, equipment suppliers, and AirSCWO system end-users.
To be a successful candidate, you must have experience designing and working with equipment
for high pressure applications and good knowledge of industry-standard equipment.
The position will be remote, but preferred to be in the U.S.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
● Design new or optimize existing mechanical equipment in 374’s AirSCWO process.
● Create or manage creation of 3D and construction drawings.
● Define pressure equipment and piping requirements, specifications.
● Manage and oversee procurement of pumps, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, and related
● Quality control activities relating to pressure vessel design and certification.
● Create technical documentation.
WHO YOU ARE
Qualifications and Experience
● MS in mechanical engineering or relevant field with 5+ years’ experience as a mechanical
engineer or equivalent.
● In-depth knowledge of: pumps, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, valves.
● Knowledgeable about pressure vessel codes and standards.
SENIOR MECHANICAL AND PIPING ENGINEER
● Preferred knowledge of metallurgy.
● Proficient with computer design and drawing software such as AutoCAD or Solidworks.
● Experience in water/wastewater industry and/or hydrothermal operations or other relevant
● Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple, tight deadlines.
● Organized with excellent time management skills and able to prioritize workloads efficiently
with an uncompromising approach to completing tasks to a high-quality standard.
● Thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys working to tight deadlines, embraces challenges
and is dedicated to seeing projects through to satisfactory completion.
● Outstanding written and verbal communication with the ability to produce well compiled
● Comfortable working remotely, dependable while working in a fast-paced, open-minded,
● Motivated by making positive environmental and social impact.
● Great team player, exceptional social and interpersonal skills.
● Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
● Fun, creative, and fearless.
WHAT WE OFFER
● Vision, mission, and values-driven culture
● Competitive compensation and benefits package including stock options
● Work remotely from almost anywhere.
● Opportunities for explosive growth
374Water is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment
without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
veteran, or disability status.
If interested, please contact: email@example.com.