Senior R&D Engineer
ARE YOU READY TO TRANSFORM AN INDUSTRY?
At 374Water, our mission is to preserve a clean and healthy environment that sustains life. Our revolutionary AirSCWO technology transforms the simplest and most complex wastes – such as biosolids, microplastics, drugs, and PFAS – to clean water, energy, and minerals. We are pioneering a new era of sustainable waste management that supports a circular economy and enables organizations to achieve their sustainability goals.
374 is looking to hire an R&D engineer to conduct technology development and lead the optimization of the AirSCWO process as a highly effective solution that can be adapted /utilized for diverse applications in broad market verticals.
The R&D engineer will perform tasks that are essential to the engineering, testing, optimization and deployment of AirSCWO systems at customer sites. This will require the engineer to develop a thorough understanding of 374’s AirSCWO process and contribute to its improvement as well as understanding how to utilize the technology to its full extent in various scenarios.
The R&D engineer will be part of a small, but growing, engineering team. He or she will work directly with 374’s fabrication partner, equipment suppliers, and AirSCWO system end-users.
The successful candidate should have robust technical knowledge of wastewater and waste treatment processes, thermal-chemical processes, and have demonstrated experience in a process R&D capacity as well as an understanding of a commercial environment.
The position will be in the U.S.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with the Engineering team to assist in system modifications/upgrades to meet specific application criteria.
- Help redesign existing products to enhance functionality and/or reduce costs.
- Design and conduct treatability experiments with both bench-scale unit and full-scale system.
- Create specification sheets, general technical documentation as required.
- Oversee the engineering of equipment prototypes.
- Develop and improve methods for data collection and analysis.
- Write experimental testing and treatability plans, and overseeing execution.
- Perform process design and calculations, generate P&IDs, PFDs.
- Work with the Application Engineer and others in compiling technical evaluation proposals for establishing application suitability for customers.
- Compile technical evaluation reports and presentations (for both internal and external audiences).
- Working with the Head of Technology on grant proposals.
- Write manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals.
- Undertake site visits, perform site surveys, process investigations, and support the Application Engineer as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
Experience and Qualifications
- Ph.D in chemical engineering or environmental engineering or equivalent degree.
- +3 years’ experience as an R&D engineer, designing/operating/evaluating water and wastewater processes/technology.
- In-depth knowledge of wastewater, water, and waste treatment processes, operations, and equipment for municipal and industrial applications
- Proficiency and experience using MS Office, CAD, Visio etc., as well as other software applications and tools required to support our business.
- Preferred but not essential – experience working in early-stage companies.
- Willingness and ability to travel to company, client, partner, investor, and event locations
- Organized with excellent time management skills and able to prioritize workloads efficiently with an uncompromising approach to completing tasks to a high-quality standard.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys working to tight deadlines, embraces challenges and is dedicated to seeing projects through to satisfactory completion.
- A great team player, able to apply a flexible approach depending on the audience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with the able to produce well compiled documents and prepare and deliver high-quality presentations to small and large public and private audiences.
- Comfortable working remotely, dependable while working in a fast-paced, open-minded, international team.
- Motivated by making positive environmental and social impact.
- Exceptional social and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Fun, creative, and fearless.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Vision, mission, and values-driven culture
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including stock options
- Work remotely from almost anywhere.
- Opportunities for explosive growth
374Water is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment
without attention to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability
If interested, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.