ARE YOU READY TO BE A PIONEER?
At 374Water, our mission is to preserve a clean and healthy environment that sustains life. Our revolutionary AirSCWOTM technology transforms the most complex wastes – to clean water, energy, and minerals. We are pioneering a new era of sustainable waste management that supports a circular economy and enables organizations to achieve their sustainability goals.
374Water is a public cleantech company, innovating in the water and waste industries. We do things a little differently, from our organizational approach, to our vision and our products. We value individuals who strive to make a difference and seek to be part of a non-conformist organization. We are a task-based organization, intent on sharing and delegating responsibilities and tasks. We expect all team members to manage their own workload, ask for support when needed, and report on progress and challenges. We are looking for creative, driven, ambitious team members to help build this business, and create meaningful change.
As a Project Engineer, you will engineer, commission, operate and maintain our AirSCWO™ systems. This will include providing commissioning support during initial testing of systems, testing various operating conditions, performing planned and unplanned maintenance and system checks, operating the system, and training clients on operations and maintenance practices on site. The role will require a combination of office work and field work, as well as significant travel and time on-site.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Project Engineer, you will perform a large number of tasks related to engineering, overseeing construction, commissioning, and deployment of AirSCWO™ systems. Some of the specific tasks of the project engineer include:
- Solve problems you’ve never seen before
- Install, operate, and maintain AirSCWOTM systems at clients’ facilities
- Develop and implement commissioning and testing procedures
- Conduct operational systems test to meet client and safety needs
- Maintain, repair, service and collect data on maintenance activities
- Review site requirements and utilities preparation for site integration
- Assist with AirSCWOTM system design, development, assembly and testing
- Train client personnel on safe operations and maintenance practices
WHO YOU ARE
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in chemical, mechanical or environmental engineering or equivalent process engineering degree
- In-depth knowledge of wastewater, water, and waste treatment processes, operations, and equipment for municipal and industrial applications
- Knowledge and experience in high-pressure, supercritical, hydrothermal, or similar processes
- Knowledge and experience in plant commissioning and startup including reviewing equipment specifications, functional descriptions, establishing safety protocols, working with HMI’s, etc.
- Specific relevant area of expertise in pressure systems, electrical & instrumentation, metallurgy, separations, valves, pumps, etc.
- Ability to read, create, and maintain engineering documents such as P&IDs, equipment lists, functional descriptions, standard operating procedures (SOPs), O&M manuals, etc.
- Proficiency and experience using MS Office, CAD, Visio, Google Suite, as well as project management and other software applications and tools required to conduct our business
- Experience working in startup and technology companies (preferred, not essential)
- Willingness and ability to travel to company, client, partner, and event locations, and spend contiguous weeks on-site with clients
- Technically focused, comfortable working in a shop or plant environment around industrial equipment
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys working to tight deadlines, embraces challenges and is dedicated to seeing projects through to satisfactory completion
- A team player and open to a flexible work environment including travel
- Able to apply client feedback and implement improvement processes
- Outstanding social, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with industrial plant deployment and operations from a regulatory framework standpoint (e.g., OSHA, emissions / discharge permits, etc.)
- Fun, creative, and fearless
what we offer
- World-wide impact with clear vision, mission, and values-driven culture
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including stock options
- Work remotely from almost anywhere, near Durham, NC a plus
- Opportunities for growth & learning
374Water is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
To apply, please send an email with the job title in the subject line, with your resume and 1-page cover letter to Belton Copp at bc@374Water.com.