ARE YOU READY TO BE A PIONEER?
At 374Water, our mission is to preserve a clean and healthy environment that sustains life. Our revolutionary AirSCWOTM technology transforms the most complex wastes to clean water, energy, and minerals. We are pioneering a new era of sustainable waste management that supports a circular economy and enables organizations to achieve their sustainability goals.
374Water is a public cleantech company, innovating in the water and waste industries. We do things a little differently, from our organizational approach to our vision and our products. We value individuals who strive to make a difference and seek to be part of a non-conformist organization. We are a task-based organization, intent on sharing and delegating responsibilities and tasks. We expect all team members to manage their own workload, ask for support when needed, and report on progress and challenges. We are looking for creative, driven, ambitious team members to help build this business, and create meaningful change.
As the Procurement Engineer, you will manage equipment and other technical components purchasing for our commercial AirSCWOTM systems. You will collaborate with our engineers and assembly partners to determine the equipment specifications, evaluate vendors, obtain vendor quotes, approve component purchase orders, track and manage inventory, and ensure steady operations, including equipment and systems delivery. You will work directly with our vendors to source needed equipment and negotiate purchase agreements. This role is remote but does require some travel (<15%) to clients, vendors, partners, and team meetings.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be a leader and business partner to clients, vendors, external partners, and all internal teams
- Communicate readily and openly between all levels of 374Water and stakeholders
- Specify and procure equipment and other components for 374Water products
- Manage supplier and assembly partner relations to meet business goals
- Work closely with 374Water’s assembly partners to manage inventory, and to design, implement and manage procurement strategies
- Evaluate vendors’ abilities to meet 374Water’s needs
- Review and manager supplier base to ensure consistency
- Draft, review, and administer supplier contracts
- Create regular progress reports of internal operations and suppliers’ performance
- Document and generate a build-of-materials (“BOM”) for commercial systems and maintenance activities
- Ensure that purchases comply with commercial, legal and contractual obligations
Who You Are
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain management, business or similar discipline
- Preference given to Master’s degree in similar fields
- 3+ years of experience managing technical supply chains and/or procurement process
- Experience with industry standards such as ISO 9001, 2008, ASME certifications and UL code for US and International
- Relevant certification in supply chain management preferred
- Familiarity with legal documents and contracts
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions with suppliers
- Proficiency and experience using MS Office, Google Suite, project management, scheduling and financial tracking tools; willingness to learn and use software applications and tools required to support our business
- Experience working in early-stage companies is preferred but not required
- Willingness and ability to travel to company, client, and partner locations
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with the ability to produce, prepare and deliver high-quality presentations
- Eager to receive and give constructive feedback
- Hungry and able to learn, adapt, and apply your skills and knowledge to our business
- Passionate about making a difference and preserving the environment
- Ambitious and daring to offer new ways and approaches
- Detailed oriented as well as able to keep an eye on the bigger picture
- Able to address and resolve conflicts
- Organized with excellent time management skills and able to prioritize workloads efficiently
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys working to tight deadlines, embraces challenges and is dedicated to seeing projects through to satisfactory completion
- A great team player, able to apply a flexible approach depending on the audience
- Able to apply client feedback and implement improvement processes
- Exceptional social and interpersonal skills
- Fun, creative, and fearless
what we offer
- World-wide impact with clear vision, mission, and values-driven culture
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including stock options
- Work remotely from almost anywhere, near Durham, NC a plus
- Opportunities for growth & learning
374Water is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
To apply, please send an email with the job title in the subject line, with your resume and 1-page cover letter to Belton Copp at email@example.com.